#giveherLIFE Online Photography Contest: celebrating International Day of the Girl Child
Photography Contest Theme: Save the lives of unborn girls by advocating to #giveherLIFE
Contest is now closed!
In India, 7000 girls are killed in the womb everyday. That’s over 2.5 million girls “vanishing” every year just because they are FEMALE! ADF India’s Vanishing Girls Campaign seeks to counter the practice of sex selective abortions and is committed to cultivating a future where human dignity is affirmed for all girls, especially the unborn girls.
On this International Day of the Girl Child on 11th October, as declared by the United Nations since 2012, the Vanishing Girls Campaign is commemorating the occasion by launching a nationwide online photography competition. The Vanishing Girls Campaign invites all photographers (amateur and professional) to participate in this contest and bring awareness to the cause of the Girl Child.
Photographs submitted must be a depiction of the theme #giveherLIFE (Love, Inheritance, Freedom, Equality).
Love: To honour and respect girls and women and strive to ensure that sex-selective abortions are not conducted in my family and among my friends. Inheritance: To stand up for the women in my family to have an equal share in the resources of the family, including their legal inheritance. Freedom: To stand with women and girls as they exercise their fundamental freedoms and rights guaranteed under the Constitution of India. Equality: To recognize that men and women are equally deserving of respect and opportunities in our families, places of work and in the society.
1. Grand Winner : Girl Child Champion Certificate + ₹15,000/-
2. First Runner Up : Girl Child Champion Certificate + ₹10,000/-
3. Second Runner Up : Girl Child Champion Certificate + ₹5,000/-
4. Five Consolation prizes: Girl Child Champion Certificate + ₹1,000/- each
* All participants with verified entries will be mailed a Girl Child Champion certificate acknowledging their contribution to the cause
- All the photographs will be posted on the Vanishing Girls’ Instagram account as soon as it is verified. 25% of the total score weightage will come from the number of likes on the respective photo on our Instagram account
- Members of the jury will review all entries and judge the photographs. 75% of the total score weightage will come from the judges’ scores
Terms & Conditions
- Participants represent and warrant that: (a) The photographs are original, taken by the entrant and they own the rights to their photographs; (b) The photographs do not violate the rights of any third party; (c) The photographs do not convey a false or misleading impression; (d) Any additional information they submit about the Photographs is accurate.
- Participants can send upto 3 entries to be considered for the contest
- The photographs should not be altered/edited in any image processing program such as Photoshop or android/IOS apps (except for color correction)
- The photographs can be taken using any camera medium, including a phone camera
- The photographs submitted should be at least 300 dpi and minimum size of 1920×1080 pixels
- The photographs have to be submitted in JPEGs(JPGs) format
- Watermarks are unacceptable
- Participants must follow Vanishing Girls Campaign on Instagram : @vanishinggirls
- By submitting their photos to the Vanishing Girls Campaign for this Contest, all entrants agree to grant Vanishing Girls Campaign copyright to the photograph(s) submitted, which includes the right to use the photo in any manner and media, including without limitation, the right to publish, adapt, distribute, copy, display or translate in printed or electronic media, even if they are not the winning entries. Any photograph from this contest used by Vanishing Girls Campaign shall carry the photographer’s credit line in a format to be decided by Vanishing Girls Campaign at its sole discretion
- Vanishing Girls Campaign is an initiative of ADF India, a non-profit organisation. Any usage of the photographs will solely be for the purpose of bringing awareness to the cause of the Vanishing Girls Campaign. In the unlikely event that the photograph is used for profit, a certain percentage of the profit will be given to the photographer which shall be mutually decided between ADF India and the concerned photographer
- By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Vanishing Girls Campaign, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest
Last date for entries to reach us : 24th Sep, 2019
Winner Notification Winners will be announced on the Vanishing Girls’ Instagram account @vanishinggirls on the 7th of October.
Contest is now closed!